79 now feared dead or missing in London blaze, police say


79 now feared dead or missing in London blaze, police say

"I believe there may be people who were in Grenfell Tower that people may not know were missing and may not have realized they were in there on the night".

A photo released by the Metropolitan Police shows a view of an apartment in the Grenfell Tower, which was devastated by a fire last Wednesday.

A short walk away, however, are apartments and houses that cost millions of pounds and are home to a wealthy elite that residents of the Grenfell Tower had seen as a world apart.

Whincroft House and Carnet House in east Belfast are now being clad.

British officials said Sunday that exterior cladding used in a recent renovation of the building may have been banned under United Kingdom building regulations. "And once it's safe, they are going to go into the building", he said while trying to pacify the crowd".

The Executive has now said that the cladding used in Northern Ireland is of a different type.

At least 58 people are dead or presumed dead after the blaze.

"It will go to establish the answers of what happened in the fire and how it spread; it will look at the building itself; it will look at the refurbishment as well". Soon afterwards, British Prime Minister Theresa May was chased away from a local church.

"There's a need for the public to hear you say in words of one syllable: 'Something bad has happened; something has gone badly wrong".

She also defended the fire service's advice for people to stay in their flats during tower block fires, saying that having everyone evacuate from such blocks through a single staircase would cause further injuries and hamper efforts to put out smaller blazes.

People reported that Prince William broke royal protocol during the visit when he hugged and tried to comfort an inconsolable woman whose husband went missing during the fire. He asked anyone who was in the tower and survived to contact police immediately.

Mr Hammond said a criminal investigation would examine whether building regulations had been breached when the block was overhauled. At least 58 people are believed to have died in the blaze.

The images were taken by a police recovery team that has been working with members of the London Fire Brigade and the London Ambulance Service to comb through the remains of the charred building.

The first victim to be identified was Mohammed Alhajali, a 23-year-old Syrian refugee.

"My government will continue to do absolutely everything possible to help all of those affected through the hard days, weeks, months and years ahead".

"His family is being supported by liaison officers from the Metropolitan Police", Cundy said. The meeting is unlikely to quell complaints that May has been slow to reach out to victims, despite her announcement of a $6.4 million emergency fund to help the displaced families.