An Instagram star and well-known fitness blogger has died in a freak accident after a pressurised cannister used for dispensing whipped cream exploded, hitting her in the chest, her family has said.
Burger, 33, died of cardiac arrest, multiple French news outlets reported.
"It is with great sadness that we announce Rebecca's death ... following a domestic accident", the post on her social media accounts read.
Health and fitness firm Women's Best, who Ms Burger modelled for, posted a tribute online.
Burger's family posted on the late blogger's Instagram page to warn others about the defective device.
Rebecca Burger was tragically killed by an exploding whipped cream dispenser, her grieving family revealed. Our French athlete Rebecca Burger died yesterday. Please pray for her soul to rest in peace and for her family to stay strong.
"Whipped cream dispenser that exploded killing the fitness blogger". "We will always be proud of you Rebecca".
One victim told French radio station RTL: "I had six broken ribs, and my sternum was broken".
"At the hospital, I was told that if the shock and blast had been facing the heart, I would be dead now". Don't use this product in your homes!
The number of accidents prompted the government office for consumers to issue a warning, saying the accidents stretch back as far as 2010, and can occur at any time - even after years of use. Tens of thousands of detective devices are still in circulation.