Liverpool urged to sign proven striker from rivals if Coutinho leaves


Liverpool urged to sign proven striker from rivals if Coutinho leaves

Coutinho has been strongly linked with a move to the Nou Camp this month after Barca identified the Brazilian worldwide as a key target following Neymar's world record switch to Paris Saint-Germain.

A source from Spain quoted in the report said "Philippe has never been more determined to leave Liverpool".

So far, Liverpool have steadfastly refused any offer for the Brazilian, and reports this morning indicated that they wouldn't even countenance the latest, fourth bid from the Blaugrana.

The Catalans are reportedly preparing to make a fourth bid for the Brazil global in the region of €140million, having seen all other advances rejected by the Premier League side.

We spoke to bookmakers PaddyPower about the Coutinho market - which now sees the Brazilian rated at 1/7 to stay put.

A back injury and a bout of sickness are keeping Coutinho out of action at present, but Klopp stressed that when he is fit enough to return, there will be no attempt to send him into exile as punishment.

"Why, ' you ask, "if everything is okay between me and him?' That was the question, right?" I answer of course. Yes.

But the new Barcelona offer provides Liverpool with an unwelcome distraction ahead of their second-leg Champions League qualifier with Hoffenheim on Wednesday.

Coutinho's relationship with Klopp is said to have soured beyond fix with the source claiming the Brazil global "does not like the manager one bit" and that he has attempted to make an example of the Brazil worldwide by "playing the hardman" this summer. [I have] no idea in this moment. "Absolutely. 100 per cent", Klopp said on Tuesday.