Wilder finally agrees to fight Anthony Joshua in Britain


Wilder finally agrees to fight Anthony Joshua in Britain

"There's a lot to still work out but certainly if it is real, this is good news for the Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder fight".

The victor of a Joshua-Wilder bout would be the first man to hold all four heavyweight titles - WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO - simultaneously.

Location seemed to be the largest stumbling block in the talks between the fighters" camps as both men wanted home advantage and "AJ' has seemingly won out after admitting that he'd be happy to take a lesser purse to have the contest take place in the UK.

American Deontay Wilder has agreed terms to fight Anthony Joshua in Britain later this year in a bout that would crown the first undisputed heavyweight champion in nearly 20 years.

"We have agreed to the terms that [Joshua promoter Eddie Hearn] has put out to us for a fight in the UK", Finkel said.

The location had proved to be one of the main issues in negotiating the fight over the past two months; Wilder's team offered Joshua a reported $50m (£37m) to fight in the United States but the 28-year-old Briton has remained adamant he wants to fight in the UK.

Wilder addressed Joshua's fans on social media on Monday, writing, "The $50M offer for him to fight me next in the U.S.is still available".

Complicating matters is that Joshua is already due to take on WBA mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin.

"It's obviously the fight we want".

"But either way, he's going to be getting a contract from us ASAP". It's up to them to choose USA or UK.

Anthony Joshua holds numerous world titles.

'Team Wilder offered Joshua $50million which is exactly what he asked for, and he then turned it down.

Joshua returned to Principality Stadium on March 31, when he out-boxed New Zealand's Joseph Parker to win a unanimous decision in their heavyweight title unification fight.

Another possible outlet is the Perform Group's DAZN sports streaming service, which is due to launch in the USA later this summer, with Hearn's recently agreed to eight-year, $1 billion deal to provide boxing content due to begin in September.

"I don't think they are too keen to do the fight in the U.K.", Hearn told Sky Sports last week.