Atletico Madrid Antoine Griezmann refuses to confirm future plans


Atletico Madrid Antoine Griezmann refuses to confirm future plans

"He did it the previous summer where he wanted to go to Manchester United, everything was agreed, chose to stay, so we're going to have to wait for his decision".

The France worldwide - who has spent three seasons with Monaco since arriving from Caen - is in Russian Federation for the World Cup.

The forward has been expected to confirm his future before the World Cup and said Saturday that was still the case.

The Frenchman is being linked with a move to Barcelona, although there's still a possibility he could remain at Atletico Madrid. I have made my choice.

France coach Didier Deschamps prohibits players from undergoing negotiations during tournaments, pushing Griezmann towards making a decision.

Atletico Madrid Antoine Griezmann refuses to confirm future plans
Atletico Madrid Antoine Griezmann refuses to confirm future plans

Atletico Madrid striker Antoine Griezmann said on Tuesday he has made a final decision on his future but refused to say where he will be playing next season.

Barca's pursuit has angered Atletico, who in December reported them to Federation Internationale de Football Association for making an alleged illegal approach and followed up with a statement in May that said "enough is enough".

Last year it was Manchester United who looked to be leading the chase for his services only for Griezmann to end up signing a one-year contract extension with Atletico, tying him to the club until 2022.

Griezmann gave no more indication on his plans and any time that the subject of his future was put forward by a journalist in attendance, the French FA press officer shut it down, telling the player not to answer.