Sports

Barcelona leaves Neymar out of 'clasico' against Madrid

Barcelona leaves Neymar out of 'clasico' against Madrid

Barcelona's first appeal was rejected by the Spanish football federation last week, but the club was also trying to reverse the suspension through a local sports tribunal. The Wales forward, 27, has missed the past two matches with a muscle injury but returned to training on Thursday. Barca's desperation for Neymar to be involved speaks volumes as the side most in need of the points.


Parker's Promoter is Furious: Hughie Fury Claims He is Injured!

Parker's Promoter is Furious: Hughie Fury Claims He is Injured!

Joseph Parker's promoters are scrambling to find another challenger for the heavyweight boxer after the late cancellation of his bout with Englishman Hughie Fury . Parker, entitled to 60 percent of the winnings as the titleholder, would have received $1,806,600, with Fury getting the remaining 40 percent, a career-high $1,204,400.


Oilers prove they are more than McDavid in playoff win

Oilers prove they are more than McDavid in playoff win

The victor of the series will move on to face the defending Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh Penguins in the second round. Edmonton will take a young roster led by National Hockey League scoring leader McDavid and eight other skaters under the age of 25 into the second round against Anaheim.


IceCaps launch last St. John's playoff run on Friday

IceCaps launch last St. John's playoff run on Friday

Syracuse started the second period on their third power play of the night after Terry had taken a slashing penalty with 25 seconds left in the first. The first period came to an end scoreless despite a 12-to-9 shot advantage for Syracuse. Just over a minute later, Conacher blew a rocket from the right circle into the far corner off assists from Taormina and Ben Thomas. After multiple overtime goals were waved off, there was no doubt.


Highlights: Kane Williamson hits match-winning IPL knock for Sunrisers Hyderabad

Highlights: Kane Williamson hits match-winning IPL knock for Sunrisers Hyderabad

In his first appearance of the IPL season for Sunrisers Hyderabad, Williamson struck six fours and five sixes in a 51-ball knock which lifted them to 191-4 against the Delhi Daredevils. While David Warner, Moises Henriques and Rashid Khan remain to be the three key overseas players in the team, it would be extremely hard for the team now to drop Williamson, post that magnificent knock at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.