FC Barcelona star Hits Out At Club Official Over Gerard Pique Blame


FC Barcelona star Hits Out At Club Official Over Gerard Pique Blame

As he and his current team-mates arrived at the Bernabeu ahead of their Spanish Super Cup second leg, Real Madrid fans chanted "He stays" at Pique in a refreshingly light-hearted - yet still amusing - jest.

The new GM criticised Gerard Pique for the first-leg loss.

Busquets said in the immediate aftermath of Sunday's defeat that Barca had to sign after initial bids to land Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele of Borussia Dortmund were rejected last week.

Iniesta played 68 minutes of the first leg as Barca fell to a 3-1 defeat, leaving them with a mountain to climb when they travel to the capital on Wednesday.

"It was an unlucky incident", Busquets said a news conference ahead of Wednesday's second leg at the Santiago Bernabeu, as quoted by FourFourTwo. "We didn't lose because of a single piece of play".

'There's no need for any excuses, now we have to draw up conclusions and look forward. "(This is) not the way to express yourself and even less so from inside the club, singling out a player".

The Catalans on Monday agreed a 40 million euros ($46.95 million) deal to sign Guangzhou Evergrande midfielder Paulinho. "It's hard but we have to keep believing as a team".

While it was always going to be a massive burden in trying to fill the vacuum left by the departure of Neymar to Paris St Germain, new Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde can not do much else apart from look to get the best out of what is available. We want to convince the fans but the off-the-field situation is not up to me.

"Hopefully as many players of the highest quality can come in".

"We knew what could happen from the start of the game".

Coach Ernesto Valverde is confident Barcelona will add to their squad before the transfer window shuts, although he prefers to focus on his current squad instead of speaking about potential signings. "No€¦ I'm not going to say (Madrid are superior)".