Now, McGregor was rumoured to be facing interim UFC lightweight champion Tony Ferguson at the event, but it had not been announced.
Mike Mazzulli, who is the president of the Association of Boxing Commissions and Combative Sports (ABC) and the director of the Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulation, oversaw the event.
He added: "I had some executives from the UFC contact me within two hours of what occurred". Though Ward was later declared a knockout victor, Goddard had not officially called a halt to the bout at the time of McGregor's invasion.
Conor McGregor posted a short explanation of his recent actions at a Bellator MMA event early Monday morning, before quickly deleting the post.
One week ago, UFC president Dana White said he was expecting McGregor to return at either of the promotion's upcoming Las Vegas cards - December 30 and UFC 222 on March 3 - but that no deal had been signed.
Well, it remains to be seen if McGregor is disciplined for his actions, or if he might even face legal repercussions.
Mazzulli said that "Mr McGregor is not bigger than MMA", saying that fighter safety is the most important thing. The incident comes just weeks after the same referee ejected him from a UFC Fight Night card in Poland for pacing around the cage and encouraging a teammate despite not being a licensed cornerman.
"Charlie is one of Conor's very close friends and he's coming off two pretty devastating losses", said Kavanagh.
"On the other hand, I will be speaking to my attorneys to see if I have any action". "That's when I lost it. F-- yous all". He slapped a Bellator staff member, who tried pushing him away from the cage.
But Mazzulli, the lead regulator at Bellator 187, has claimed McGregor's comeback fight at UFC 219 has been cancelled.
"You know I'm competitive, I still have it in me. You have the right to be sanctioned".
The UFC has not yet commented on the situation.